The offshore construction works will comprise the following:
- Fixing of turbine foundations to the seabed
- Installation of meteorological equipment
- Construction of one or more offshore collector substation(s)
- Laying of cables from the offshore substation(s) to the landfall
- Laying of inter-turbine cabling to connect the turbines to each other, and to the collector substation(s)
- Erection of the wind turbines
In determining the final offshore cable routes and installation methods the project team will take into consideration a number of factors including seabed conditions, the presence of existing infrastructure and marine archaeology, sensitive ecological features, and other uses of the marine area.